Collectibles-General (Antiques)/antique furniture

My parents died in their 90's. I was given and old glass bookshelf that comes completely apart and the doors slide back. I also have what looks like a walnut cabinet with glass. I am new at this and since it says no pictures, I do not know enough to describe it. I also have a dining room table and chair with drawer thing; living room suit (sofa chairs- one rocks that the arms turn into like end tables).  How do I start to determine the values of these, as I would like to sell them.  (you have attach image but no cell phone pictures???- I'm new at trying to do pictures too.)

without pictures i cannot help.

here is how to do the picture:
take a picture of the item, a full view picture.  make sure there is no light coing towards the camera from a wondow that might be next to or behind the item.

load the picture into the computer.

write out the question as you have done

when you get that part, and submit or click ok or review or whatever is on the button the next page, or that page will have another button that says attach or ad image.  follow the prompt that will say something like browse and find the picture and add it.  might be easy if you load the picture to your desktop, then after you are done you can delete it or put it wherever you like.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971