Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Bally E-2000 series

QUESTION: I insert coins pull handle. reels spin but do not stop. does not show tilt but has to be reset.  no code on meter display, only zeros. readers have been checked. have to use test button to reset. have checked reader control board. all conections have been checked. when pressing reset button, shows 0006. all help appreciated

ANSWER: Hi Bill,
Does you manual have the test codes in it? If so, try test 5 "Reel reader test" and see if it can read the reel symbols on all three reels. Also try test 2 and see if everything is working as this will exercise all the lights and solidnesses. Then try test 8 and see if the machine will play. If you need any of these manuals you can get them here:

Thank You
Rodger Knutson

QUESTION: test 5 just comes up with three zeros. test 2 checks entire system. shows 2.4 and 2.6 inbetween tests. test 8 sets the game. meter does not give codes when reels dont stop

Hi William,

Well you have something going on here as your machine is not seeing the reels. If it doesn't see them, it will not index or stop them. Test 5 reads that it is not seeing them at all. It time for me to refer you to a little more one on one help with this as this is not the right place to proceed with process of trying to figure out the next game plan but My partner is standing by to help you figure this out so you can get past this one problem anyway. Just write Dan at and he knows were we are at on this right now OK? We also need to know just a little history on it, I am guessing that you picked up this machine this way and you have never seen it play yet, is that some what correct?

Thank You
Rodger Knutson

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson

I am an expert on old coin operated machines, slot machines, trade stimulator's, jukeboxes, old arcade machines, etc. I have been identifying these for people who respond to my web site listed below, for a few years now. In almost all cases I am able to tell them about their old coin operated machines, the year, the value, and other general information about their machines. I do not know much about soda vending machines, coin banks, or scales, but I will try to help you with these if I can. Please email photo's to: My web site is at:

I bought my first slot machine, a .50 Cent Mills Black Cherry in 1969 and have been hooked from that time, I still have that Slot machine! Before that I found a open barrel full of old scraped jukebox wall boxes behind a restaurant, I wanted them all but never took a one of them. Anything that took a coin drove me nuts!

C.O.C.A. and other slot and coin operated machine groups, associations, groups, and clubs.

Many, the Coinslot magazine, always juken, Coin Slot Journal, Slot Box Collector, and others that I don’t remember at this time.

Graduated from Ballard High School in 1969, went to Edison Technical Collage for a couple of years taking welding and metal fabrication, tig, mig, heliarc, also arc and gas welding and fabrication. Then Apprenticed under a slot machine technician who worked in the slot machine industry Reno Nevada, and set up bar poker progressive machines in the casino's, and repaired machine and did the repairs on slot machine circuit boards there. He also was involved in the 2 hand dealer's market and bought and sold machines at the casinos auctions for the secondary market, which includes selling used machine overseas. I learned a ton from this man; he always had the correct answers and took the time to teach me the business. My interest and knowledge in other and older coin operated machine is for the most part, self-taught. It's been my passion from back in 1968 and before, my thirst for knowledge about these machines has kept me more interested over the years, and keeps me searching for more information even today. I have meet and talked to book authors on these machines, attended hundreds of coin operated shows and auctions, and I stay with that to this very day.

Take a look at my allexperts rating, and my guest book, links to these are at Also you can check my 100 percent rating on ebay, as I have been there with ebay from their day one, I am user coinslots at ebay. My other awards come from the very people that I deal with, I always make them happy, no matter what it takes, but they always are happy anyway as the countless thank you letters testify to me, so I know I am doing right, and the best I can. I have found so many hard to find parts for people, I hunt them down and don't stop until I find what is needed to get that customers machine running again and back to life, that is my main goal.

Client privacy prevents this answer, as some are VIP and famous and I will not betray the trust.