Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Berkey & Gay Dining Set

just the buffet
just the buffet  

Gold Seal
Gold Seal  
I have a complete Berkey and Gay dining set, has the acorn desgin, the china cabinet has no glass all wood, it had the gold seal inside the draw.  I am looking to see what period it is from and the value....Thank you

the set is from the 1920s and is jacobean style, not period but style.  the picture is too blurry for me to tell you which veneers were used but generally this style is walnut adn mahogany.

to assess the value i will need pictures of each item; china, sideboard, server if there is one and and arm chair and side chair and the table.

Are you wanting a fair market value or an insurance replacement value?  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971