Collectibles-General (Antiques)/China cabinet

china cab
china cab  

side of drawer
side of drawer  
Hi I am trying to find out the worth of my china cabinet it has been in the family for at least 40 years. the tag inside of the top drawer has the first letters of the store missing it reads ??eovlet and sons prospect 5-8014 also on the back it has D.731-5 MAH

depending on the surfaces, smooth, limited mars and scars in a shop it would sell at 650 here.  unfortunate since a new one make poorly but with the look would sell at twice that.

insurance value higher by 2x+

mahogany veneers in flame grain bookmatched, possible that a couple of drawers are switched

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971