Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Chocolate Server Table

Chocolate Table
Chocolate Table  

Hi Fred,

I just bought a chocolate server table and was wondering how old it is and if it's a reproduction and where it was made.  I am attaching some pictures of it.

Thanks in advance for your help in this matter.

Sam - Chocolate servers were popular in the early to mid 19th century. They were also called tea tables interchangeably.

Your table appears to be mid 20th century and was probably made overseas and was imported. Tables like yours sell at auction in the $200 range.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida