Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Drucke Steamer Trunk

Question
 Steamer Trunk
Steamer Trunk  
Hi Marvin
As I said in my last message I wanted to restore  My Drucker Steamer Trunk   But on the Trunk on the right side
It has E.B.S and under it says Independence Kansas would you
know if this could be the owners initials ? I really think this adds character to the Trunk.
Debbie

Answer
Debbie,
yes, it was a very common practice to have your initials and town painted on the side of your trunk. I have seen many done that way. Once in a while I see the whole name or the last name only.  I have even had a few times when I was able to find historical information about the owner due to the name and town on the trunk.  So, it is certainly understandable that you would want to preserve that part of the original canvas and I have also done that on some trunks.  

Marvin  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller