Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Frank and sons rocking chair

EricLee wrote at 2014-10-27 03:02:39
When my wife and I were married, we discovered that we had the same rocking chair, looks exactly like the one in your picture.  We decided to look today to see if we could find out some history behind them, then we found this site.  Thank you Fred Taylor for the info.  It's not the super romantic history we were hoping for but it's good to know a little bit of the backstory behind them.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida