Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Frank and sons rocking chair

Question
Rocker
Rocker  

tag on the bottom
tag on the bottom  
Hi, An older man who is selling his dads cabin gave me a rocking chair and I am wondering if is an antique and what it's value would be if it is.

Answer
Liz - The rocker is definitely not antique. Chairs like this were popular in the 1960s and early 1970s as part of the "Early American" decorating fad of the period. The stenciling and gold striping was meant to resemble the Hitchcock chairs of the 1830s.

Frank and Son's Furniture originally begun as Frank & Danziger in 1888. Frank & Son was incorporated in 1926. It produced and sold furniture from 1926 until the late 1970's.

Your chair would sell at auction in the $100-$150 range.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor