Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Furniture

Question
Bar back?
Bar back?  
We bought the piece below and have no idea what it is or what the value might be. There are no markings that we can find. At this point we are making guesses as to what it was even used for. Have you ever seen anything similar? My search of the internet leads me to believe it may be a bar back of some kind.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Donna Taylor

Answer
Donna - Your cabinet is for use in a dining room as a sideboard similar to the larger ones from the turn of the 20th century such as this, without the mirror of course.
http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/23705304_an-edwardian-oak-mirror-backed-side

I cannot determine the value from the one photo. If you can send me some detailed photos I will be happy to give you y opinion of value. You can send clear photos to me as .jpg files at info@furnituredetective.com. Please send the photos directly to me as .jpg files. DO NOT put them in an online photo album. Be sure to include a copy of your original inquiry so I can match them up or I will not respond.
Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor