Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Slot machine

Slot machine pic
Slot machine pic  

Slot machine pic 2
Slot machine pic 2  
""I just acquired this slot machine and am wondering what is its history ( date of manufacture, who made it, what casino was it in, it's value) and anything else you can tell me about it? I'll send a second picture of some numbers on a tyco plastic strip you can see through the front glass! Thanks again and you experts provide a phenomenal service and is greatly appreciated! Oh and it sits on the original casino cabinet that originally had two machines sitting on it!""

The machine was made by Bally. Probably in the early to mid 80s. Look for a serial number plate on the right hand side. If it is still there it will give you the exact model number and the date of manufacture.

Regarding what casino it was in, that is impossible to say.

Sometimes there is a repair log in the machine and that might have the casino name on it.

Regarding value. Not a lot. Maybe a few hundred dollars.

Go to and look at Bally machines for price comparisons.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

David Burritt

My expertise is in the area of antique slot machines. Specifically pre 1940 era machines. I have an extensive price history list of slot machines that have been sold on eBay and other auction houses (e.g., Victoria Casino Auctions, Rich Penn Auctions, etc.). PLEASE, do not send questions about anything that is not coin-op related. I have no expertise in other items and cannot help you.

1. I run a discussion forum on coin operated devices ( 2. I maintain a web site which tracks price trends for antique slot machines ( 3. I published an 8 hour video tape on how to properly restore a Mills slot machine back in the 1990s 4. I published a book (Coin Op On CD) which was distibuted on a CD. This CD had many articles and thousands of photos of antique coin operated devices. It also had many videos of rare and unusual coin operated devices. This CD has since been published on the web ( 5. I have written articles on how to identify fake/reproduction slot machines.

C.O.C.A. (Coin Op Collectors Association)

Masters degree in Computer Science from University of Southern California