Collectibles-General (Antiques)/1924 Trophy

Question
First Picture taken
First Picture taken  

Second Picture taken
Second Picture taken  
We have been cleaning up our property and found this trophy. To be honest we are really quite curious as to how it got here. We also want to know if it has any value. The words written on it are "S.E. MO Poultry Show Farmington Mo 1924 Best old pen in production class". On the bottom of the trophy there is written very roughly wallingford or wallingfood along with these numbers that I can make out 2936. I can tell there is something in front of it but I can't make it out.   If there is anything you can tell me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much in advance.

Nicole

Answer
Nicole,

Looks like a silverplate trophy for a 1924 poultry show in missouri.  Very cool because it is old, but not of much value because it is Wallingford silverplate and not sterling.  Also, because there were fairs everywhere in the US for years and years, these trophies turn up everywhere and thus aren't very rare.  Still, not a bad piece of local fair memorabilia that you can display in the house.  Probable value to the right collector of this stuff...maybe $50 - $75.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Dennis

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Dennis Wolbach