Collectibles-General (Antiques)/#2 Rolleiflex Automat MX camera

Question
Rolleiflex Camera
Rolleiflex Camera  
Mr. Silver - Here is another camera that I have recently inherited.  Can you please give me some information and possibly its value?  

Do you know of an appraiser in Jacksonville, Florida?

Answer
Hello Karen,

This is the very best of all the things you've shown me. This is a Rolleiflex Automat MX twin-lens-reflex camera, made by Franke & Heidecke of Germany from 1951 to 1954, for 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 inch "medium format" exposures on #120 roll film. This particular model of Rolleiflex was a professional's camera of that time, and still highly regarded today for its extremely fine overall quality. Although this style of camera is considered archaic by modern standards, there are many users as well as collectors who prefer it for studio and portrait work. Since you left the cap on it, I have no idea what lens it has, and obviously I have no way of determining the functional condition. Assuming it's truly excellent throughout, with sparkling clean optics and smooth focus and accurate shutter and bright reflex viewing, it could sell in the $250-$350 range. A classic German medium format camera from the 1950's.

Best wishes,

David F. Silver - President
International Photographic Historical Organization

silver@photographyhistory.com  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

David Silver