Collectibles-General (Antiques)/allexperts - Birds Eye Maple Wardrobe

Question
Birds Eye Maple Wardrobe Front
Birds Eye Maple Wardro  

Birds Eye Maple Wardrobe Inside
Birds Eye Maple Wardro  
Hello Robert,

May we please know the origins of this wardrobe such as year, maker and if its indeed a birdseye style. Also what is its value?

The wardrobe has a fixed clothing rod, one shelf across the length of the wardrobe and has original working key that locks.

Thank you,
Veronica

Answer
there were thousands (4-5000) companies in operation in the 1920-30s when this was made so without a label no one can tell you which one manufactured this piece.

although i like birds eye maple it does not sell well these days.  dont know why as it is such a spectacular visual impact and the form of this one is better than most.  actually dances as you walk by looking at it (chatoyance).  inside the door is ribbon stripe mahogany veneer.

if i had this in my shop i would price it at 1200.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein