Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique convertible sofa

furniture manufacturer label
furniture manufacturer  

view of sofa
view of sofa  
I purchased this sofa at a garage sale because it had characteristics of the arts and crafts period.  Of course it has sat in my basement for 5+ years. During an inspection by my husband, for restoration ideas, he noticed it had the mechanisms for a sofa bed or convertible sofa. I found the label behind the front wood panel.  I have researched for hours and cannot find any substantial information about this company or about this type of sofa.  I have seen one photo of an antique leather sofa with this type of mechanism and only one picture of the label on the web.  

I have a great deal of respect for antiques and would like advice on whether the restoration should be focused on preserving the integrity of the sofa? Is it worth spending the extra money to ensure the original integrity? Or can I just restore it and be used as a piece in my arts and crafts inspired living room?  

Thanks for any information or advice.

could you do a follow up post with a clear picture of the sofa, in focus please.

some info;
On Wednesday, January 28, 1948, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for ROYALCHROME by ROYAL METAL MANUFACTURING COMPANY, CHICAGO. The USPTO has given the ROYALCHROME trademark serial number of 71548185.

it seems that the sofa and the label do not match time wise.  also please show a larger picture of the location of the label.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971