Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Bally 809 ZT Slot machine year identification help

Question
809 zt
809 zt  
I am trying to figure out what year this machine is. From reading, it appears to be a 1968. But it has a date stamp of 9-20-78.

The tag reads as follows:
9 20 78
809 St
MT 18485

It takes up to 5 quarters.

Thank you very much!

Answer
Bally 809
Bally 809  
Hi Keith,
Well it may be a model 809 which I show as being made in 1976 but this one if different. I assume that this date stamp is the hand stamped numbers in the black painted are of the serial number tag?, if so this is the date that this machine was manufactured. So why is this date so different then the model year date of 1967 is because maybe just the tag is from a 1967 model 809. I have had a machine just like yours but I don't remember just what model number it is and I need to look into this just a bit more before I can give you your correct model number and date. I know many machines were upgraded by casinos for there own use and some slots were converted into different models. Let me look into this a little more. It could be a 809 that was upgraded in 09 20 78
Thank You
Rodger Knutson
http://www.coinslots.com

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson