Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Capodimonte?


Hello Dennis,

I was reading your expertise and I am afraid this might not be the right question to ask. If you are unsure could you point me in the right direction?

For months I have been trying to figure out what this set is that I have. Some say gravy bowl some say fruit bowl. All I know is its a capodimonte style set that was made in Japan. Could you tell me more about what I have and the appropriate way to use them?


My apologies for the late response.  Even though this is out of my area of expertise, I would venture to say that you have a centerpiece set - a middle bowl with two covered urns.  Now, that could be way off the mark, but it looks like a grouping of the 3 for the center of the table.

I hope that helps and once again my apologies for the tardiness of my response.

All the best,


Collectibles-General (Antiques)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Dennis Wolbach


I endeavor to answer all questions relating to the "identification" of American Art Pottery from the period of roughly 1880 through 1920. I specialize in the area of arts & crafts period pottery but do not limit myself specifically to that time period.


I have 20+ years experience buying, selling and identifying American Art Pottery both on the web, to private clientele and in a brick and mortar shop in Massachusetts.

Masters degree in Education.

©2017 All rights reserved.