Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Forsyth Manufacturing Co

Question
Dresser
Dresser  

Label
Label  
I purchased this dresser at a yard sale with hopes to paint because I liked the design. I then noticed the Forsyth Manufacturing label on the back and became curious. It seems as though the piece has already been painted though by others. Did they paint items such as this in the beginning of the 20th century? Thanks for all your help!!

Answer
Erica - Your Queen Anne style dresser is from the Depression era of the 1930s. It is probably made of walnut veneer and would be striking in an original wood finish.

Some pieces were originally painted during the Depression but most were not, especially from Forsythe.

The main problem you will have will be the compatibility of whatever paint you plan to use with the current paint.

If you want to discuss those issued email me privately at info@furnituredetective.com

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor