Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Governor Slot Machine*

Question
Governor
Governor  
Hi Rodger,
I have a Jennings Governor Tic-Tac-Toe slot machine that I'm going to sell, but the pull-arm sticks a bit after I pull it, I
suspect from non-use.
Do you know where I can get a manual for it or can you give me instruction on how to get it working smoothly again ?
Thanks !!

Answer
Hi John,
Nice machine! There are a couple of manuals listed on this page that will work fine for your slot machine, the first one listed, and the last on listed on this page:

http://www.coinslots.com/manuals/jenn/

Also if interested, I can get you one of the best manuals ever made to cover Jennings machines with about 150 plus pages and hundreds of photo's. this manual is not listed on the web site so if you are interested in this one, you would have to email me at info@coinslots.com and I'll will tell you about it and how we can get a copy to you right away.

Now as for you slow handle, try removing you mechanism from the case and then pull the handle down and let it return on it's own. Does it return quickly with out any help? If it is real slow in returning or doesn't return by it's own spring, it could be the air pump, or the handle hub has old grease and needs cleaning. Is the handle jamming hard or just returning slow? I thinking slow here. So this is easy, the handle is easy to remove and to clean the handle and the hub and then grease it with a light grease. Now, the air pump is one of the first places to look at. On the end of this air pump at the bottom of the machines case is the air pumps location and on the end of the air pump there is a small screw, this is an adjusting screw that closes a small vent hole as you tighten the screw, as you screw it out it opens the vent and allows the handle to return faster. This air tube had a piston with a leather seal inside and it requires oil from time to time, not regular oil as this piston inside has a leather seal, so use only a leather oil like neetsfit oil for shoes. You have to pull that small screw which has a locking nut on it, all the way out and put the oil into that tiny screw whole. Don't be shy about how much you put in it, but don't fill the air tube up but put in a bunch. put a lot in there and before you put that screw back in it, pull the handle a few times and any excess oil will squirt out. After you pull the handle a few times you should notice the handle get easer to pull and returns faster. Once you put the screw back in, adjust it so the handle returns all the way back up but adjust it so it doesn't slam back, the handle should return easy and fast but really slows down and almost stops on it's own just before it returns to it's rest stop (or all the way up) if it's adjusted right.

Thank You John;

And maybe pick-up one of these manuals as it will really help you to understand how it works, the one I was telling you about is very good for repairing and working on the machine yourself, lots of photo's and good information so please write if you want that one.

Thanks again:

Rodger Knutson
http://www.coinslots.com  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson