Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Hill Top

universal player
universal player  
Hello Gene Meek here. I have this machine that was pulled out of an establishment in 1964. It is from 1951 and I did read some flyers on its production. I am curious as to a ballpark value and collectibilty? I am not dreaming of some huge number so don't worry about letting me down easy. lol Thanks Gene

Hi Gene, What you have is what is called a one-ball horserace game.  You only played one ball for your nickel and tried to get your selected horse to win the race by having the ball fall in the correct pocket. These games came in two styles, coin payout and credit meter.  Yours accumulates credits(free plays) on a credit meter.  the cash pay ones are more valuable.  Your machine in non working as is condition would only bring $100-300 from a collector.  Very little interest in these, unfortunately.  Larry

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Larry Bieza

I can answer virtually any question relating to coin operated machines. I have been a BUYER and COLLECTOR for over 25 years and have authored a number of PRICE GUIDES on the subject. My favorite coin operated items are penny arcade machines and pinball games, although I have a vast knowledge in all areas. I also have a huge quantity of coin operated paper advertising which can help date and identify most items.I can answer questions on vending machines, arcade machines, fortune tellers, slot machines, digger/crane machines, gumball machines, peanut machine, gum machine, strength testers, lung testers, pinball machines, gambling machines, bowling machines, etc. I have expertise in the machines from Mills Novelty, Caille, Watling, Keeney, Genco, Chicago Coin, Gottlieb, Bally, Williams, etc.

I have written a number of Price Guides for penny arcade machines AND for pinball games and am considered one of the experts in the hobby on pricing.

I come from the school of experience. Collecting Coin operated items is my life and hopefully you have some questions to test my abilities!