Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Louis Rastetter Folding Chairs

We recently purchased a set of 4 folding chairs in very good condition. I am curious as to the age of the chairs and approx. value. I have attached images.

Tony - The patent was issued in 1933 but the chairs could have been made any time, most likely in the late 1940s after World War II. A set of your chairs with the matching table usually sells at auction in the $100-$200 range. Here's a similar set that sold for $200.

The chairs alone sell in the $25-$40 each range.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida