Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Vintage White Star/Cunard Line carry on case

I have a thick leather, what looks to be...a carry on bag...from about the 20's, with both a
White Star Line & Cunard 1st class label.
It's 1/8" stiff leather.
It's monogrammed under the front of the lid. I don't know if this is the manufacturer, or the owner.
I have pictures. If you would like to see them, I'd like to know any info I could get on it. And maybe it's value.

The monogram is probably for the owner because the companies did not typically label their items that way. Most of the trunk makers also made a wide variety of leather bags and cases and many of them were not marked by the maker.  If the leather isn't too deteriorated, you would probably help it by rubbing it with a good mink oil polish which will help soften and preserve it. The value of these is based on the condition, age, and style. Of course the ship line labels can make them more interesting and add a little to the value also. I'd really have to see pictures to see if I could help any further, but the values on these can range from under $50 in poor condition to over $200 if a nice piece in very good condition.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller

I can answer questions related to antique trunks, their age, manufacturers, styles, patents, etc, including all types of trunks such as steamer trunks, saratoga trunks, Victorian trunks, slat trunks, toy and doll trunks, stagecoach trunks, valises, hat trunks, and others.

I have over 40 years experience in trunk restoration, collecting, and research. I own the most extensive collection of historical documents, catalogs, maker's labels, cards, etc. related to antique trunks. I am always updating my inventory of historical documents and antique trunks.

Association of American Antique Trunk Restorers, President.

Primarily on the website Cotton & Quail Antiques newspaper (Southeast). Antique Journal magazine.

Bachelor of Arts from the University of Georgia. I have conducted extensive research related to the topic of trunk manufacturers and trunk styles in the U.S. and Europe.

Have consulted for the Pawn Stars TV show on antique trunks. I have sold antique trunks to museums in California and Florida and to customers around the world.