Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique Buffet

antique buffet
antique buffet  
I am interested in knowing a couple things about this buffet. I wonder where this piece originated from and  its value. There is a stamp located inside the cabinet that reads, Kennedy Plywood Company march 5 1928 Statenville, N.C, unsure if it is relevant. I do thank you for all your help with this and look forward to hearing from you.

1920s sideboard made in Statesville, NC by the Kennedy Plywood Co.

probably walnut veneer which in toose days would have been what we know as plywood today but instead of pine on the exterior it would be cabinet grade which is walnut, mahogany, cherry, birch etc.

Depending on the point of sale it would retail at a fair market value of 450-750.

nice piece in the jacobean style.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971