Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique Chair

Question
Antique Chair
Antique Chair  

Grain
Grain  
Hi Robert, I inherited this beautiful chair from my mother. I don't know anything about it other than she indicated that it has been in her family for over 100 years. The chair measures 23w x 18d x 29h. Are you able to identify the possible origin, style, age and period? Thanks in advance!

Answer
it is a window seat or used at the foot of a bed.  wood is birch stained with analine dye to a mahogany color.  the seat may be mahogany veneer.

made around 1890-1910 at the earliest.  

without a label there is no way anyone can tell you the manufacturer as there were thousands in operation.

the style is a blending of several styles now called colonial revival style.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein