Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Bally 742a money honey key

Hello, I own a money honey .25 machine Bally 742a, I have mis placed the key and need to find a replacement. Where should I begin the search ?? Thanks for any help!

High Scott,

Your is the soup here Scott. I assume you are talking about the door lock to open the front door. There is no one key, these locks are bought and put on the machine by someone or some dealer and almost always have their very own key cut just like you house or paddle lock has. My advise would to be, have a locksmith come over and try to pick it for you, or maybe save a buck or two and take thew machine to him to be picked open and then he can make you a replacement key for the lock after that if you like, (*and a spare key*). Some people, even me, might try drilling out the center of the lock but this can make matters much worse if you don't know how the door locking system on these machines work, or if you have bad luck, and it can also ruin some small locking hardware that you may need to replace to add a new lock to this machine after that. Maybe ruining the small hardware by drilling it is not a really a big problem as I have those parts and new locks and can help you with that if needed. The real problem is when someone drills out the center of the lock and the lock is no longer the issue and not holding the door locked anymore, but the door locking latch bar is still holding the door locked and tight and you can get to it. This locking bar locks the door locked in three places, at top, in the middle, and the bottom. When you unlock the door with a key, the locks cam turns with the key and this action lifts this latching bar up, as this latching bar moves up these three hooks on the latching bar lift up also and then the door is no longer held shut. If you try going the bold and cheap way by drilling the inside of the lock completely out so it no longer has anything to left that can hold this bar from moving, and it also can also never lift and unlock this bar again. Then, if you turn the whole machine upside down so it's on it's top, then take a straight edged screwdriver and try to get it in the gap between the door and the cabinet somewhere, then try to wiggle the door so the door rattles at bit and maybe, JUST MAYBE, this locking bar might (with the help of gravity, as the machine is up side down now so the bar doesn't have to move up, it needs to fall down, because the machine is now upside down) fall down to the unlocking position. Really, I have done this with very good success as long as the door had not been adjusted before to where the door locks so tight with the key that you can't even wiggle it. If the door is so tight like this, and most are not, then things can get much worse before they get better. I recommend a locksmith, but given this I also tell you another way to try to get it open if a locksmith is not an option. I would also recommend looking at the locking assembly in the manual so you know how this assembly works, and how it operates, and what it looks like if you going to try plan "B" here. You can get a manual for your machine instantly if you don't have one, at my website at:
Thank You and good lock (*pun intended*)
Rodger Knutson

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson

I am an expert on old coin operated machines, slot machines, trade stimulator's, jukeboxes, old arcade machines, etc. I have been identifying these for people who respond to my web site listed below, for a few years now. In almost all cases I am able to tell them about their old coin operated machines, the year, the value, and other general information about their machines. I do not know much about soda vending machines, coin banks, or scales, but I will try to help you with these if I can. Please email photo's to: My web site is at:

I bought my first slot machine, a .50 Cent Mills Black Cherry in 1969 and have been hooked from that time, I still have that Slot machine! Before that I found a open barrel full of old scraped jukebox wall boxes behind a restaurant, I wanted them all but never took a one of them. Anything that took a coin drove me nuts!

C.O.C.A. and other slot and coin operated machine groups, associations, groups, and clubs.

Many, the Coinslot magazine, always juken, Coin Slot Journal, Slot Box Collector, and others that I don’t remember at this time.

Graduated from Ballard High School in 1969, went to Edison Technical Collage for a couple of years taking welding and metal fabrication, tig, mig, heliarc, also arc and gas welding and fabrication. Then Apprenticed under a slot machine technician who worked in the slot machine industry Reno Nevada, and set up bar poker progressive machines in the casino's, and repaired machine and did the repairs on slot machine circuit boards there. He also was involved in the 2 hand dealer's market and bought and sold machines at the casinos auctions for the secondary market, which includes selling used machine overseas. I learned a ton from this man; he always had the correct answers and took the time to teach me the business. My interest and knowledge in other and older coin operated machine is for the most part, self-taught. It's been my passion from back in 1968 and before, my thirst for knowledge about these machines has kept me more interested over the years, and keeps me searching for more information even today. I have meet and talked to book authors on these machines, attended hundreds of coin operated shows and auctions, and I stay with that to this very day.

Take a look at my allexperts rating, and my guest book, links to these are at Also you can check my 100 percent rating on ebay, as I have been there with ebay from their day one, I am user coinslots at ebay. My other awards come from the very people that I deal with, I always make them happy, no matter what it takes, but they always are happy anyway as the countless thank you letters testify to me, so I know I am doing right, and the best I can. I have found so many hard to find parts for people, I hunt them down and don't stop until I find what is needed to get that customers machine running again and back to life, that is my main goal.

Client privacy prevents this answer, as some are VIP and famous and I will not betray the trust.