Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Jenny Lin day bed - care of wood

My Jenny Lin day bed is from my grandmothers porch.  ( I'm in my 60s)
She lived in Albuquerque for all her adult life. This piece for furniture sat on her screened in porch.  
I'm afraid to treat the wood for fear that I will decrease its value.  Some of the joints are loose.  There are places where the bed rubbed against the adobe wall on the porch. Those areas have no finish on it what so ever.  This piece is in my bedroom.  I believe the piece is made of pine.

Questions:  is it ok to glue the joints back together? What should I use for this?
Should I put strain on the wood on the bear spots? What should I use to help the wood, it is very dry.  How can I enhance the finish?  I have worked with old furniture before.  I have also refinished wood but not true antiques.

Glue the joints using a wood glue or if you want to stay period correct, hide glue. Make sure that the joints fit tight. If necessary, use something like an index card or veneer to tighten. I would stain the bare spots and follow up with a wipe on oil finish, several coats, that you can get at the home improvement centers.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Anderson's Restorations-Rob Anderson

We can answer questions about wicker repair and restoration, chair seating[caning-rush-splint-danish cord] , brass and copper polishing, veneering and veneer repair. WE WILL NOT GIVE APPRAISALS or answer "WHATS IT WORTH" questions. If you want a value, contact us for our current costs for this service.

Just entered our 40th year doing this work. We started in Fl and have been in NC for the last 15 years. We have a web site where we have alot of information about us and a blog at where we have many before and after photos of our work.We also are experienced in Fiat Jolly Seats and other automobile seating and work on Horse Drawn Carriage pieces.

Past president of a historical museum

Antique Shoppe Newspaper, Yadkin Valley Living Magazine, Antique Lynks Newspaper

Seminole HS in Seminole FL class of 1965 and some college before entering service. US Army

Asked to demonstrate seat weaving at the NC Musuem of History, Paleigh, for 3 days. Demonstrated at the Mountain Heritage Festival, Sparta,NC.

Restoring 35 pieces of wicker for the Governors Mansion, Raleigh,NC paid through private funding.