Collectibles-General (Antiques)/KAYanEE 850

KayanEE Sewmaster
KayanEE Sewmaster  
I just came across my old toy sewing machine when cleaning out my parent's attic. I'm 60, so it must have been purchased in the late 50's or early 60's. I cleaned and oiled it and it is running smoothly. Can you tell me if there are needles I can substitute or adapt to fit the machine. It doesn't have a needle that I can measure myself. Also, if you have threading instructions that you can pass along, I would be grateful. Otherwise, I will try to figure it out myself. It was such a wonderful attic find that I'd love to pass on to my grand daughter. Thanks so much for your help!

Hello Leslie,

I do have threading instructions for the KAYandEE.
Please send an e-mail to me at:
Put in the subject line:  Leslie KAYandEE threading instructions.

Note to all others:  I do not respond to queries like this unless they go through the AllExperts forum.  If you write to me at the e-mail above, it will go unanswered. Queries of this nature must go through the AllExpert forum please.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Irene Schwall

I have been a collector of antique sewing tools and thimbles for over 30 years. I am also a dealer in this field and sell on eBay under the name -- serengeti2. I am NOT, and I repeat NOT an expert on antique or vintage domestic household sewing machines used for everyday home sewing. I can offer help when it comes to Toy or miniature collectible sewing machines ONLY.

See information provided above.

Thimble Collectors International
SCTC - Southern California Thimble Club
SDTC - San Diego Thimble Club
OTS - Ohio Thimble Seekers
Priscilla Nutmeggers - CT/MA/NH
Dorset Thimble Society - UK
Rund um den Fingerhut - Germany
Cyberthimble on Yahoo

I belong to Thimble Collectors International & I chair the committee 'Publishing/Grants' and oversee the research and publication of booklets relating to sewing tools and thimbles. I have also had articles published on needlework related topics.

See information provided above.