Collectibles-General (Antiques)/question

Szép napot!

Érdeklődöm a doboz mikori lehet?

Hol gyártották?

Mennyibe kerülhet?

1911 trunk
1911 trunk  

1920 trunk
1920 trunk  
This style trunk was made in America from the 1890's to about 1920 by many different trunk companies. The style was usually called a Monitor top trunk, but many just called them a Rounded edge trunk. They were made in many sizes and some had metal covering and some had canvas or leather between the wood slats. They always had a lift out tray also. The locks were made by several American lock companies and the lock on your trunk is an Eastlake style which was made by Eagle Lock Company and Corbin Lock Company in the 1890's to early 1900's. I am attaching two old trunk catalog pages which show similar type trunks, from 1911 and 1920. Maybe you can read some of the details they give about these trunks. Some trunk companies on the east coast of the United States made trunks such as these and exported them to Europe to sell. Many of them were brought back by immigrants coming to America. Since many companies made them in the United States these trunks are not rare and so the value is usually in the range of about $100 to $500 depending on the condition, completeness, size, and even location. I hope that helps.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller

I can answer questions related to antique trunks, their age, manufacturers, styles, patents, etc, including all types of trunks such as steamer trunks, saratoga trunks, Victorian trunks, slat trunks, toy and doll trunks, stagecoach trunks, valises, hat trunks, and others.

I have over 40 years experience in trunk restoration, collecting, and research. I own the most extensive collection of historical documents, catalogs, maker's labels, cards, etc. related to antique trunks. I am always updating my inventory of historical documents and antique trunks.

Association of American Antique Trunk Restorers, President.

Primarily on the website Cotton & Quail Antiques newspaper (Southeast). Antique Journal magazine.

Bachelor of Arts from the University of Georgia. I have conducted extensive research related to the topic of trunk manufacturers and trunk styles in the U.S. and Europe.

Have consulted for the Pawn Stars TV show on antique trunks. I have sold antique trunks to museums in California and Florida and to customers around the world.