Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Rocking chairs

Rocking chair
Rocking chair  

Rocking Chair
Rocking Chair  
I have inherited a couple of rocking chairs from my grandmother. The one with the green seat has a broken rocker, and the other is obviously missing a spindle in the back. I am not sure how to go about having them repaired and was considering selling them. Can you tell me anything about the time period of these pieces or value? Thank you.

where are you in georgia.   I may know somebody that can restore your family heirlooms.

selling these chairs in the condition shown will not bring much money.  maybe 40-60$.
restored in a shop they would price at 350-400, which would be the cost of restoration.

they are oak made around 1900.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971