Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Rocking chairs

Question
Rocking chair
Rocking chair  

Rocking Chair
Rocking Chair  
I have inherited a couple of rocking chairs from my grandmother. The one with the green seat has a broken rocker, and the other is obviously missing a spindle in the back. I am not sure how to go about having them repaired and was considering selling them. Can you tell me anything about the time period of these pieces or value? Thank you.

Answer
where are you in georgia.   I may know somebody that can restore your family heirlooms.

selling these chairs in the condition shown will not bring much money.  maybe 40-60$.
restored in a shop they would price at 350-400, which would be the cost of restoration.

they are oak made around 1900.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein