Collectibles-General (Antiques)/antique thimble

thimble EI
thimble EI  

thimble I sideways M
thimble I sideways M  
Hello Irene - Thank you for your quick reply. I have attached two more pictures of the E-I-M(on its side)and hope that they are helpful. They are spaced rather widely on the band, so it took two photos to show all three letters. I have not been able to get a photo of the inside of the case top that shows what remains of the gold lettering, though it appears to be several lines of writing. Thanks for your help.

Hi Judy,
I think that what you are seeing is "design" not actual lettering.
I blew the photos really large and honestly think I am right on this - design.
Thimble appears to be American in shape vs. English or European.
Do not have access to the prior question so cannot remember if you gave the gold content but it looks about 14k.
Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Irene Schwall

I have been a collector of antique sewing tools and thimbles for over 30 years. I am also a dealer in this field and sell on eBay under the name -- serengeti2. I am NOT, and I repeat NOT an expert on antique or vintage domestic household sewing machines used for everyday home sewing. I can offer help when it comes to Toy or miniature collectible sewing machines ONLY.

See information provided above.

Thimble Collectors International
SCTC - Southern California Thimble Club
SDTC - San Diego Thimble Club
OTS - Ohio Thimble Seekers
Priscilla Nutmeggers - CT/MA/NH
Dorset Thimble Society - UK
Rund um den Fingerhut - Germany
Cyberthimble on Yahoo

I belong to Thimble Collectors International & I chair the committee 'Publishing/Grants' and oversee the research and publication of booklets relating to sewing tools and thimbles. I have also had articles published on needlework related topics.

See information provided above.