Collectibles-General (Antiques)/antique thimble

Question
thimble EI
thimble EI  

thimble I sideways M
thimble I sideways M  
Hello Irene - Thank you for your quick reply. I have attached two more pictures of the E-I-M(on its side)and hope that they are helpful. They are spaced rather widely on the band, so it took two photos to show all three letters. I have not been able to get a photo of the inside of the case top that shows what remains of the gold lettering, though it appears to be several lines of writing. Thanks for your help.

Answer
Hi Judy,
I think that what you are seeing is "design" not actual lettering.
I blew the photos really large and honestly think I am right on this - design.
Thimble appears to be American in shape vs. English or European.
Do not have access to the prior question so cannot remember if you gave the gold content but it looks about 14k.
Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you.
Irene

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Irene Schwall