Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Chittenden & Eastman Vintage Bed Frame

Dear Mr. Klein,  I would like to find out more information please including date of manufacture, the style/design, the type of wood, and possibly an estimate of how much the Chittenden & Eastman Full Size Bed may be worth at auction. Thank you very much for your help.

Best wishes,

PS Stamped to back of Bedhead is the number 1079.

bed if from the 1910-20s

colonial revival styling

wood that i can see is walnut veneer, cant see the head or posts

auction about 250-300
shop price 500  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971