Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Curious about a trunk!

Question
My trunk
My trunk  
Hello! I was given this trunk and I would like to know what year it was made and really information you have on it. How much is it worth! Thank you!

Answer
1920 Ad
1920 Ad  

1929 Belber Ad
1929 Belber Ad  
Cherry,

That trunk is American made and has stamped steel slat clamps and latches, and a lock in the style made from about 1910 to the late 1920's. I have a variety of old trunk company catalogs and advertisements and also a couple trunk hardware catalogs of the early 1900's. The slat bumper clamps that have the raised round bumper in the center came into use about 1910 but are also shown on trunks from a Belber Trunk company ad from 1929. It is usually impossible to narrow down the age of a trunk more than a 10 to 15 year period. Trunk values are based on several factors such as condition, age, style, size, completeness, and rarity. Trunks of this style in good original condition generally have a retail value of about $150 to $200, unless there is something quite unusual or rare about them, or they are in nearly mint original condition. I'm attaching a couple old ads from 1920 and 1929 with have similar trunks. These trunks were made in several sizes by Belber and a few other trunk companies.  I hope that helps.
Marvin  ThisOldTrunk.com  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller