Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Dressing Table

Dressing table
Dressing table  

dressing table
dressing table  
I have searched to find a dressing table like this one.  I have had no luck.  Can you tell me anything about it?
All I know is it has the Sligh emblem on it.

This vanity or dressing table is mahogany veneer on the surfaces, done in the 1910-20s replicating the early hepplewhite and sheraton styles.

Sligh built good quality in the older styles so it is possible this is later that what it appears since they did specialize in the colonial styling.

A piece like this in a good shop would be priced 450-650 depending on the condition.

Hope this helps

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971