Collectibles-General (Antiques)/The Film Stars slot machine

Question
Front
Front  

Side
Side  
Hi Rodger,
Wondering if you could please provide any information on this slot machine. Wondering about its history, when it was built and it's value. Still works. Picture of Betted Davis and Errol Flynn in front. Works with  I believe British penny.   In good shape.
Thanks,,

Answer
The Film Stars
The Film Stars  

Screen Stars
Screen Stars  
Hi Annabel,

Sorry for the delay in giving you an answer here. I am having or getting over some medical issues and haven't had access to my computer sometimes because of this.

The Film Stars.....Very nice machine you have there! I had one of these once, a little different model made with metal casting but same machine just with differences. These are made overseas for the foreign market for use on the English penny which is almost the same size as the U.S. 50 cent coin. This machine was made in 1948 and was a Tom Boland revamp (Great Britain)and based on the Mills slot machine mechanism with only one reel, unlike most of the Mills machines with a three wheel machines. It was noted that you could just update the machine by just changing the images of the movie Stars. Value? I am not real sure as I don't see a lot of them for sale on the market, but I can tell you that I sold my machines for 1,200.00 some years back, but I also tend to sell my machines at wholesale values and much lower then I see machines for sale, in retail areas.

Thank You
Rodger Knutson
http://www.coinslots.com  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson