Collectibles-General (Antiques)/needlework tool?

Question
tool 1
tool 1  

tool 2
tool 2  
Hello Irene,
My father, who passed away last year, was an antique dealer for many years. We are going through his vast estate and coming across many interesting items. One of the items appears to be a needlework tool of some sort. Could you confirm that and any more detailed information you have would be helpful. The item is wooden with what appears to be a bone arm coming out of one end, with a small hole drilled in it. The top unscrews and inside are 3 metal rods, with very small hooks on one end, and nothing on the opposite end. Let me know if you need any further description. Thanks so much!

Answer
Hello Jana,
Thank you for your query and for including photos -- I'd be happy to help you.

What you have is an antique, English circa 1880s figural needle case. The wood could be Sycamore as many souvenir tools were made of this wood.

The hooks that have been placed inside of the needle case sound like crochet hooks and they do not have anything to do with this piece.

Irene

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Irene Schwall