Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Removing paint stain from cherry?

Question
I have a solid cherry Stickley breakfront/china cabinet that was in excellent condition until someone accidentally rubbed a white metal bedstead across the front edge of the breakfront, transferring a line of white paint.  I don't know how to remove the paint without hurting that velvety Stickley finish.  Any suggestions?  Thank you!

Answer
Hi Antoinette
Nice to hear from you
Oh dear, I just did the same thing myself today while moving furniture around.
Wet rag did nothing, A rag dampened with mineral spirits removed some but not all of it, so I ended up using a superfine steel wool pad gently.
Took the paint off fine with no damage.
If I were you I would try the steel wool on an area that cannot be seen but has finish on it.
I think you will find it will not harm the finish. You can actually rub this stuff over your pantyhose with no damage (but I'm not recommending that LOL).
But try the spirits first. my mark was pretty significant, yours may not be.
Regards
Eileen

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Eileen Cronk