Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Slot Machine

Question
Bally Slot Machine
Bally Slot Machine  
QUESTION: Hi,

I just purchased a slot machine in reasonable shape (it does need some tinkering).

I am trying to determine the model, but not certain where to look.

I have a picture (although it is not great as I cannot move the machine). I will get a better one when it is set up (friends will be assisting me shortly).

The only thing that I have been able to identify so far is that it is a Bally from 1982 (it says copyright 1982) and it is an EM slot machine.

Can you help me identify its model (and perhaps approximate value)?

It does have a base which is not currently in the picture that I am enclosing. I will upload more shortly.

Thanks,

Mark

ANSWER: Hi Mark,
I am looking into this some more but you say this is an Electro/Mechanical game?? Meaning it has no circuit boards right? The reason I ask is that sold state or Bally Electronic machine cams out in 1980 and you are saying that this machine was made in 1982. There is a metal tag under the handle and at the bottom of the machine and if this tag is still there it will tell you the model and the date it was made. At the top of the tag in the black area Bally hand stamped the date it was made in numbers across the top of the tag, hard to see but it is on almost every machine. While I am looking some more could you look inside and see if there is a circuit board mounted on the left side of the cabinet, if it is there you can't miss it as it is large. This way we can be sure it is a E/M and made earlier then the 1982 date you have on it. Also if you need manuals for this machine you can find them here: Http://www.coinslots.com but first we really need to know if this is really an E/M or a Bally "E" series machine.
Thank You
Rodger Knutson
http://www.coinslots.com

QUESTION: Hi Rodger,

Thanks you for the quick response. It is much appreciated.

It looks like the model of my Slot machine is E2090-34.

It is a 25 cent machine and takes up to 5 quarters.

There are circuit boards inside the machine, so my error in stating it was an EM. Obviously it is not.

I also noticed that the 250V 5 AM hopper fuse is blown. I tried replacing it, but the replacement also blew. In addition, the machine constantly tilts. I pressed the reset and when the 3rd reel turns it tilts again.

I want to get the manual and instructions for this thing. Are the E-series manuals generic?

I can now take additional pictures if necessary as I managed to set up the machine.

Does this information make sense? Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks,

Mark

Answer
OK Mark,
This explains a lot now. It's very possible that your hoper card is blown if that fuse keeps blowing. Sometimes you can even see traces burned off the back of this card when they have problems, but I am surprised that it will still reset the machine it is is blown. There is a Ally E series manuals in a bundle at:

http://www.coinslots.com/manuals/bally/

and look for this one:

Bally E-1000 & E-2000 Series Manuals Bundle
This Manual is a zipped file, containing PDF format files. All Bally "E-2000" and "E1000" series manuals in one package, and one low price, plus a another great and easy reading, easy to use, operators manual not listed. About 150 pages of information on using and repairing your Bally "E" Series slot machine, all contained in a ZIP file. File includes FO-650-12,FO-650-13,FO-650-14, 7220 Parts catalog and a bonus manual. If you purchased all of these manuals separately, you would spend $52.80 and would not even get the bonus manual. Get 5 manuals at one discounted price. Instant download after purchase.

This is really a good deal as you also get the board schamitcs manual along with the rest of them, and this will tell you if the board your looking is a E-1000 series or a E-2000 series board. Not all the boards are different but some are between the E-1 and E-2 series machines so this manual will tell you which board you have in your hand. Bally also used up some of their old l E-1 series boards in the E-2 series slot. So you can have a E-2000 model on the tag and the machine boards could be all E-1 series. If you find out some of you boards are bad, look us up as we have boards and parts.

Thank You
Rodger Knutson
http://www.coinslots.com  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson