Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Small dresser - wash stand

Question
dresser top
dresser top  
Dresser front
Dresser front  
QUESTION: I have searched online and can find no information about this piece or manufacturer whatsoever. It is approximately 27" high, 29" wide and 16" deep. There is a paper tag attached to the back that reads Ring Merrill and Tillotso? Furniture. (It is torn off after the 'so' in the last word)  Saginaw Mich. - of which I can find no info.  Could you please tell me anything at all about this piece?
I have included pics of the front and top. I can send a pic of the back and paper tag if necessary.
Thank you

ANSWER: they were in business in 1882 for a couple of decades i believe although i am not sure when they were merged or quit.

ring merrill and tillotson furniture co. in saginaw

what you have is a washstand in oak made around 1900.  at one time it would have had a towel bar and possibly a mirror.

if you do a google search of the company name you will find that i cannot post here in this forum.

QUESTION: Thank you very much!  I do notice that there seems to be a small ledge/lip along back edge that would have held a mirror. I would have never guessed a wash stand.

Does this piece have any value without the mirror and towel bar that you know of?

Thank you

Answer
depending on condition, tightness, stability, doors and drawers working properly and clean it would sell in a shop at 350-400 tops as is, at auction about 175-200, same with the back since they are used as endtables, bedside tables and the like these days.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein