Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Age/Value of Oak Dresser/Mirror

Question
Oak Dresser-Mirror
Oak Dresser-Mirror  

Label
Label  
I intended to restore this dresser with swivel mirror set but decided to sell it instead as we have no useful place for it after all. Would you know the approximate age and value of it? It was from my parents' beach house that was built over 100 years ago. I'm guessing the dresser was made in the 1930-40's. The label on the back says "Keystone Furniture Co. Williamsport, PA, and hand written initials J A Jr Ocean Grove, NJ", which is where the beach house was located. Thank you.

Answer
George - Your dresser with cheval mirror is quite a bit older than the 1940s. It is from the turn of the 20th century, circa 1900-1915, and is part of the Golden Oak period of American furniture from 1880 to about 1920.

In good condition it would sell at auction in the $50-$100range. Here's a similar piece that sold for $50 in May 2014.
http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/26969840_circa-1900-american-solid-oak-dress

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor