Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Age/Value of Oak Dresser/Mirror

Oak Dresser-Mirror
Oak Dresser-Mirror  

I intended to restore this dresser with swivel mirror set but decided to sell it instead as we have no useful place for it after all. Would you know the approximate age and value of it? It was from my parents' beach house that was built over 100 years ago. I'm guessing the dresser was made in the 1930-40's. The label on the back says "Keystone Furniture Co. Williamsport, PA, and hand written initials J A Jr Ocean Grove, NJ", which is where the beach house was located. Thank you.

George - Your dresser with cheval mirror is quite a bit older than the 1940s. It is from the turn of the 20th century, circa 1900-1915, and is part of the Golden Oak period of American furniture from 1880 to about 1920.

In good condition it would sell at auction in the $50-$100range. Here's a similar piece that sold for $50 in May 2014.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida