Collectibles-General (Antiques)/China cabinet

Question
cabinet
cabinet  

cabinet
cabinet  
I have a China cabinet I received from my father as a wedding present.  He bought it from a friend who got it from his mother. There is a label on the back but none of the information is legible.  Would you be able to tell me when and where it was made?

Answer
Josh - I can't tell much from the very dark photos but I can identify the carving. It is the head of a winged griffin, popular in American furniture around the turn of the 20th century. Here are some other photos of winged griffin furniture.
https://www.google.com/search?q=winged+griffin+furniture&client=firefox-a&hs=hu4&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=wlCpU92XOsmYqAbLwYD4CQ&ved=0CDIQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=891&dpr=1  

If you can send me some better photos I may be able to tell you more. You can send clear photos to me as .jpg files at info@furnituredetective.com. Please send the photos directly to me as .jpg files. DO NOT put them in an online photo album. Be sure to include a copy of your original inquiry so I can match them up or I will not respond.
Thanks

Fred Taylor

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor