Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Who Manufactured this wardrobe trunk

Manufacture label
Manufacture label  

Wardrobe Trunk
Wardrobe Trunk  
I just purchased this wardrobe trunk and am unsure of the manufacture, we can not read it as it is worn but thought maybe someone knowledgeable might know from what is there also about how old it is.
Thank you

While there were at least several dozen trunk companies that made similar wardrobe trunks, I think it could be a Drucker trunk from Cincinnati, Ohio. I can see what looks like a DR at the beginning and I don't know any other companies that started with that.  They used a variety of labels and sometimes one that said Drucker Built.. so it could be that. The full name of the company was the Nathan Drucker Trunk Company, but the labels usually just had Drucker. The company merged with Mendel Trunx and then some of their trunks were labeled Mendel - Drucker Trunks.  Wardrobe trunks with that type hardware were made from the mid 1920's to the early 1940's.  Many styles of wardrobe trunks were made.  There is some more general history information listed on the Showcase page of my website, if you are interested in reading that.  It is listed as Wardrobe Trunk History.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller

I can answer questions related to antique trunks, their age, manufacturers, styles, patents, etc, including all types of trunks such as steamer trunks, saratoga trunks, Victorian trunks, slat trunks, toy and doll trunks, stagecoach trunks, valises, hat trunks, and others.

I have over 40 years experience in trunk restoration, collecting, and research. I own the most extensive collection of historical documents, catalogs, maker's labels, cards, etc. related to antique trunks. I am always updating my inventory of historical documents and antique trunks.

Association of American Antique Trunk Restorers, President.

Primarily on the website Cotton & Quail Antiques newspaper (Southeast). Antique Journal magazine.

Bachelor of Arts from the University of Georgia. I have conducted extensive research related to the topic of trunk manufacturers and trunk styles in the U.S. and Europe.

Have consulted for the Pawn Stars TV show on antique trunks. I have sold antique trunks to museums in California and Florida and to customers around the world.