Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique Dresser

Question
I have an antique dresser which has stamped on the back centered:
902-211
MARTHA WASHINGTON
SINGLE DRESSER

It has an oval mirror and on the back of the mirror it stays 902-211 Plated by Lenoir.

When I did a search online I found a number of references to the 902-211 linked with Martha.  I also found a number of lines which stated -Missing:  902-211.  There was one article which mentioned the bed that matches the dresser is missing as well.  When I purchased the dresser, the gentleman told me he was keeping the bed. Can you give some advise on whether you think the dresser is authentic, or who I should contact to find out if it was in fact Martha Washington's dresser?

It's a beautiful dresser, extremely well made.  Where we would normally attach a mirror with hardware; this dresser has an actual niche and the bottom of the mirror slides into and it keeps it steady.  I've never seen that before.  Anyway, your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you   
Sherry

Answer
Hi Sherry
Nice to hear from a fellow Ontario girl.
Martha Washington is a style of furniture.
The real Martha as you know was the first, "First Lady" of the USA (born 1731-died 1808).
You can be assured your dresser was not Martha Washingtons.
But we always want to know as much about these lovely old pieces as possible.
We have several furniture experts (I am not one), on site who I know can tell you more if they had a picture.
Kind Regards
Eileen  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Eileen Cronk