Collectibles-General (Antiques)/blind door cabinet

Question
fornt of cabinet
fornt of cabinet  
I recently purchased this cabinet from an estate sale. I paid 90.00 for it. There are initials PP carved in the bottom door besides that there is an old stamp on the back 780. I would like to possibly discover where and when it was made and how much it is worth. Thank you.

Answer
jacobean style cabinet manufactured in the 1920s.  without a label of the manufacturer there is no way to tell which of about 5000 made the piece.  teh 780 could be either a style number or a color number, the pp could be anything, likely the initials of a previous owner as it was not uncommon for owners to put an ownership initial or name.

market value about 350-450 at a store

the jacobaean style of the legs is called cup and cover.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein