Collectibles-General (Antiques)/blind door cabinet

fornt of cabinet
fornt of cabinet  
I recently purchased this cabinet from an estate sale. I paid 90.00 for it. There are initials PP carved in the bottom door besides that there is an old stamp on the back 780. I would like to possibly discover where and when it was made and how much it is worth. Thank you.

jacobean style cabinet manufactured in the 1920s.  without a label of the manufacturer there is no way to tell which of about 5000 made the piece.  teh 780 could be either a style number or a color number, the pp could be anything, likely the initials of a previous owner as it was not uncommon for owners to put an ownership initial or name.

market value about 350-450 at a store

the jacobaean style of the legs is called cup and cover.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971