Collectibles-General (Antiques)/furniture

I have some chairs and a couch that have been recovered in the last 10 years.  What can you tell me about them?

I think the charis are Pelham, Shell and Leckie.  Not positive.

is there a pelhan shell and leckie label underneath?  It would be on a tag attached underneath, whoeve did the upholstery should have reattached it.  if not it could be any one of several manufacturers that made victorian reproduction furniture.

need close up pictures of wood to see the grain.  and a closer poicture of the carving, better pieces have deeper carving, cheaper ones are flatter.  better repros and older repros were mahogany, later ones were birch or sweet gum.

please use the followup function to repost more pics.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971