Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Goodies gumball machine

Hi  Jack I have a few older Goodies  gumball machines  they do not work with money  just pull out a spoon and retrieve the gumball , it is painted case aluminum  and the top is hard plastic instead of glass for the container part and has the word Goodies on it. I have three green  red and yellow . do you have any idea who made these and about what year . Thanks in advance Mike

I do not know who the manufacturer is. The machines were
made after World War 11, more likely in the 1960's or later.
I thought maybe Carousel Industries made them, but could
find no information to that effect. They have little value
as a collectable, but do have a good look to them.
Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.
Regards,  Jack

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Jack Freund

I have 35 years experience in the coin op field, specializing in old gumball and peanut machines. Also trade stimulators, especially turn of the century cigar store machines, both cast iron and wooden machines.

I have owned over 3000 coin operated machines. Much knowledge comes from experience as there is not a lot of documented information on many coin operated machines. Experience is the teacher.

Coin Operated Collector's Association

I host a column in the C.O.C.A. Times, (the magazine for members of the Coin Operated Collector's Association). The column is titled "Tales Of The Hunt" and features stories and comments about member's great (and sometimes not so great) finds.

I have been a dealer at the Chicagoland Slot Machine and Coin Op show since it started. Look for me in Booth F-09. Stop by with your questions or photos. I'll try to help you or buy your machine if you prefer.