Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Imperial desk company

Question
desk
desk  
desk
desk  
QUESTION: I have this desk that I would like age, current value and restored value.  Made by imperial desk company.  Executive desk.  Two pull out work surfaces and one drawer is a filing cabinet.  Hopefully these pictures are better.

ANSWER: hi

as shown the desk would sell around 200
restored around 800

from the 1960-70s

called mid century and the veneer appears to be mahogany

QUESTION: Imperial desk company was sold in 1956 so this desk had to have been made prior to that.   Please research with me so I can get a correct value.

ANSWER: The values are correct.  Which company, in this instance, will make no difference in market value.  The condition and styling dictates the market value.  The styling dictates the age, usually. If you would send a picture of the label, good, clear, close, and infocus, I can get closer.  again please use the followup function so the entire thread will be joined.  The exact type of label is always helpful in determining ages even though in past times they would use all the old labels before moving on to the new ones.  The label should be a decal and I would be surprised if there was not a Mahogany Association decal in one of the drawers.

Right now the mid century items, which this styling is, is starting to come into its own as younger people are seeing the 40/50/60 items as desirable.

The company was Imperial Furniture Company and yes it is listed as being 1903-1954, however, when Foote died in 54 the company was sold to Bergsma Brothers.  Bergsma Brothers kept the labeling the same, 'Imperial Grand Rapids' until into the 1970s.  looking more closely at the desk hardware and trying to see the type of feet it is late 50s early 60s vintage in the danish modern or swedish modern style, but again, please send a picture of the label so i can be sure.
thanks

label
label  
QUESTION: Attached label.  Thanks for all your help.

Answer
now all is clear, you said imperial desk company and i went for imperial furniture company in grand rapids, since they were more prominent.  OOOOPS is all i can say about that.

imperial desk company was in Evansville IN.  even so the age and values remain the same.
company operated from 1912 to 1966 when they were bought by dictaphone then merged into b l marble furniture company until 1971.

hope this is more clear.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein