Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Nopag? Goose neck platform rocker

I purchase this chair at a thrift store(wonder how many times you have read that!).  It has an inpatient on bottom that reads Nopag (I think).  Also attached is a tag with info: rocker 311 and a number? 69636.   Any thoughts of value?  Naturally, I would have reupholstered if I decide to keep it.  Not that the orange/green flowers are not simply lovely...
Thanks for any info you could share.
V. Diane

V. Diane - Your platform rocker appears to be from the Depression era of the 1930s or maybe into the 1940s. "Nopag" is a mystery to me. It has no antique value and would sell at auction in the $50 range. If you do have it reupholstered dispose of all padding and start completely over. Be sure to check out the strength of the rocker springs. By this time they usually need to be replaced. Any upholsterer can do that or you can do it yourself. The springs can be found at

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor

V. Dine - The "Nopag" may actually read "No sag" in reference to the seat springs.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida