Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Possible Nichols & Stone Rocking Chair

Question
Front
Front  

Art
Art  
I recently acquired this chair from a seller on Craigslist for $10. I love the artwork but I'd like to touch up the paint as it is noticeably worn in some spots, such as the legs. After I got home I did some research and came across Nichols & Stone gold stenciled rocking chairs. Is there any way to tell if this might be one of them? I couldn't find a sticker or logo on the bottom and it's painted black underneath. There are no screws, but little wooden pegs. I've also been unable to find a piece that has this particular artwork. I'd really love to give this chair a little tlc, but I don't want to harm it if it's worth anything as is. Either way, $10 was a great deal for such a beautiful chair. Thanks for your help and I look forward to your response.

Answer
many companies made and sold this style.  NS branded their pieces on the underside of the seat, it can be seen through the paint since it is pressed into the wood.

the stencils used were endless.  

do any restoration gently.  maybe start with a black furnitre wax or black shoe polish, the paste type, not liquids.

bargain on a nice chair,  have fun

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein