Collectibles-General (Antiques)/secretary desk

Question
secretary
secretary  
My wife and I bought this secretary desk from an antique shop in Ventura, CA. I am originally from the Midwest and I remember seeing furniture like this often growing up, but it's uncommon to find it in this area. Would you be able to tell me about its age and where it was probably made?  The mirror and glass are original and the only part that looks to have been replaced are the shelves. Thank you for your help.

Answer
called a side by side or secretary with bookcase.  oak but where manufactured will remain a mystery as without a label there is no way to determine which of the 5000 companies in operation made this.

it is a good one, the drawer pulls appear to have been replaced but that is of no consequence

grand rapids mi was the center of furniture manufacturing back in the pre 1900-1930s until it relocated in north carolina.  keep in mind that in the midwest, things were shipped from all points, in california, things came from the east.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein