Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique Spindle Bed

Antique Spindle Bed
Antique Spindle Bed  
I am wondering the value of an antique bed and the best way to sell it.  I hate to just give it away to someone who would not appreciate it.  I believe it is a 3/4 size French Napoleon III bed circa 1880s and it doesn't have the side boards.  Not sure if it is maple or cherry wood.  Any information would be very helpful.  Thank you!

i need to see a picture of where the side rails fit into the headboard to be accurate on age.  Also the measurements from the centers of thee rail attachments for width.

It is a spool bed or Jenny Lind bed or bobbin turned bed, all terms interchangeable.  Maple or cherry would be appropriate but a closer picture would be needed.  Use the followup function to post picture of the wood at the bottom of the foot and of the rail attachment mechanism.

It is American and is from the Victorian period.  depending on the rail attachment it could be 1865 or 1880-90.  

Standing by for the picture.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971