Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Barton End Table

Barton end table
Barton end table  

Barton end table
Barton end table  
Barton End table, Grand Rapids -Memphis
Can you tell me anything about this table?
I have this end tables-mahogany, small brass casters on end of taper legs, leather inlay with gold detailed border on it. It is two-level with a dovetailed drawer and oval brass handle.
Inside drawer is the brand of Barton Tables Grand Rapids -Memphis
Can you tell me possible age and value of table?
Anything you can tell me would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Table is from 1933-34, that is when the company was in grand rapids michigan.  they then moved.  if the condition was good it would sell retail in a shop at 200-250, depending on the type of shop or store.  as shown, probably 35-45$.  condition is very important.

do you have a pair or only one??

it is mahogany veneers and mahogany.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971